INN-base feeder

Przemysław Maciuszko sal at agora.pl
Sat Jan 25 21:42:23 UTC 2003

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 12:33:07PM +0000, "Miquel van Smoorenburg"  wrote:

> Don't put history on ext3, that might slow it down a lot due to the
> journal. Put it on ext2.
> Did you put the CNFS buffers on an ext3 filesystem as well? That will
> hurt, I think.

Yes. Both of those hurt :( Thath's why I'm thinking of moving it to
_anything_ else. That's why I ask "move it to what?"

> Don't put the CNFS buffers on a filesystem. Use a 2.4.20 kernel,
> compile INN with largefile-support, and use partitions as CNFS buffers-
> and preferably, don't use more than one CNFS buffer per disk to
> prevent seeking.

Ok. So all I have to do is move CNFS buffers to raw-devices.
Did anyone have some troubles in running INN with CNFS buffers as raw-device
on LVM?

--
Przemysław Maciuszko
Agora S.A.