Messages Only Posted Locally

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Jan 8 18:37:04 UTC 2003

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Andy Malato wrote:

> I took a look and did not see the name of my peer at the end of the line,
> the only thing I did see at the end of the line (after the message id) was
> some number.

That indicates that the problem is definitely in the newsfeeds file.

Did your article have a Distribution: header?  Perhaps that is not
matching the distributions you specified?

(Hardly anybody uses distributions any more, unless you have some reason
to think they're relevant, I'd suggest just ignoring them altogether.)

> Again, the articles are posted only locally and not propigated out to my
> ISP for global post.  I also added a "*" to the peer name for outgoing.

To the group wildmat, I hope you mean, not the peer name.

(And you used ctlinnd reload newsfeeds after such changes?)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org