INN 2.3.2 stops working under Red Hat 9.

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Jul 21 20:51:39 UTC 2003

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Mark Cogan wrote:

> We just upgraded our server OS to Red Hat 9. We have a hand-built INN
> 2.3.2, which we did not upgrade, and which stopped working after the Red
> Hat update.

I don't know if glibc changed versions going to RedHat 9, but let's assume
it did.  Do you still have the source tree you compiled 2.3.2 under?  (If
not, download a fresh one and try to remember what options you fed to
./configure.)  If you do `make clean; make; make update` it will get you
newly compiled binaries that should behave exactly the same as they did
before.  (Note the difference between `make update` and `make install`.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org