resend messages

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Nov 7 14:54:10 UTC 2003

In article <021801c3a45a$ed59c0c0$4201800a at surnet.local>,
Pavel V. Knyazev <pasha at surnet.ru> wrote:

| Let's imagine the following. I need to resend some articles
| from one feeder to another. If i knew the tokens, that would
| be very simple. However, the only thing i know - Message IDs.
|
| How do i retrieve articles by its message-ids and put their
| tokens back into an outoing queue for nntpsend?
|
| That second feeder has rejected some messages
| due to misconfiguration on its side, that's why i have
| to refeed those messages.

Since IHAVE/SENDME is supported you can just pipe the list through
grephistory with the -s flag
  grephistory -s <mids >toks
or hand the message-id's to innxmit and not bother with doing any lookup
by hand.

I wish there was a nice flag to get mid+tok out to hand innfeed, but I
do it so seldom it hardly matters.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc