Newbie questions on newsgroup install and setup.

Tommy van Leeuwen tommy at support.nl
Thu Nov 13 17:45:57 UTC 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 g.lams at itcilo.it wrote:

> No problem,
> You will find below the commands need to add a newsgroup (have a look at
> the man page of ctlinnd, you will need to manage your news server)
> /usr/local/news/bin/ctlinnd pause "modification of active file"
> /usr/local/news/bin/ctlinnd newgroup $newsgroup_name
> /usr/local/news/bin/ctlinnd reload active "reload active file"
> /usr/local/news/bin/ctlinnd go "modification of active file"

I don't think you'll have to pause the server to add a group using ctlinnd
newgroup. However if you wish to manually add an entry to the active file
(with vi or something) you do have to pause and reload the active file.

Cheers,
Tommy

--
Support Net bv - Partner in Managed Internet Solutions
Kruislaan 402-f   1098 SM  Amsterdam   +31(0)205979797
web: http://www.support.net/  email: tommy at support.net