Begginer questions: please be patient!

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Tue Nov 18 20:53:15 UTC 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Guich wrote:

> Thanks again. So, can you please point me the places where i can configure
> these two things:
>
> 1. how much fast will the message be processed? (cnews takes almost 12
> minutes)

INN processes messages immediately unless it's backlogged.

The only thing that can cause a fixed delay is if you choose to use
nntpsend out of cron (most people use innfeed).  Otherwise, there's
nothing you need to do.

> 2. "You *can* have it reject articles with attachments,  though."

You've got a couple options here.  The most common is to install (and
configure!) Cleanfeed, which is a transit filter.  You can also write your
own Perl posting filter, if you prefer something less complicated.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org