ARTparse question

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Tue Nov 18 21:56:32 UTC 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Forrest J. Cavalier III wrote:

> Is it my misunderstanding that the ARTparse code
> for parsing headers has a for() loop which does
> an unnecessary inefficient search.

Hmm, I think you're right, although I haven't looked at it closely.

> How far back was this last changed?  What is the
> commit message?

That bit hasn't been touched since a major rewrite a long while ago:

Revision 1.156, Fri Feb 2 17:55:33 2001 UTC (2 years, 9 months ago) by kondou
Branch: MAIN
Changes since 1.155: +1964 -1973 lines
- changed for gaining better performance in processing innd incoming data

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org