No newsgroups showing up

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 13 20:46:23 UTC 2003

Shena Delian O'Brien <shena at darklock.com> writes:

> Ok, I messed up and uninstalled and reinstalled INN. Now it runs but
> doesn't appear to have any newsgroups showing up at all, not even the
> default ones. :|

> The active file has the newsgroups listed but it doesn't seem to be
> seeing them at all... not even when I create new ones with ctlinnd?

> I checked and inn.conf is properly pointed to the db files.

I have no idea what you're running into now (the problem you had before
was minor and didn't require reinstalling).  At this point, you'll need to
check the logs and see what they have to say.  Often problems like this
are caused by a readers.conf configuration that doesn't allow the client
you're using to check to actually read anything (hence hiding all of the
newsgroups).