INN and SSL/TLS

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 17 19:59:57 UTC 2003

Todd Olson <tco2 at cornell.edu> writes:

> If I was going to lean on news client writers to support the STARTTLS
> command what resources would I point them at that would (hopefully) give
> them enough technical information to be able to incorporate it into
> their clients?

There is an initial draft from Jeff at:

    <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/nntp/ietf.html>

as one of the working drafts from the NNTP group.  Note, though, that it
uses different response codes from INN's current implementation in some
places and it's not yet final.

The support hasn't been fully standardized yet.