Problem compiling on Sparc/Solaris

Alex Moen alexm at ndtel.com
Fri Oct 24 19:05:35 UTC 2003

OK, boys and girls... This is weird.

I decided to go out on a limb.  Each time that the make quit because of a
bison break, I ran the same command with yacc.  In other words, when I got
the "bison -y parsedate.y" break, I dropped into the directory that
parsedate.y lives and ran "yacc parsedate.y".  This happened one other time
(configfile.y in the innfeed directory, with the -d switch).  The make and
make install finished successfully.  I have binaries and other files.  I do
not know if they are working or not. :)  But I'm gonna give them a try for
now.

If anyone knows the *correct* solution, PLEASE let me know because it was a
pain to do this and is not the right way, which mondo bugs me.

Thanks,

Alex