storage.cof modified but server still throttled

g.lams at itcilo.it g.lams at itcilo.it
Mon Oct 27 11:28:30 UTC 2003

Godd morning,
Performing a "ctlinnd mode" today I saw the following message:
Server throttled no matching entry in storage.conf storing article --
throttling

After searching this forum, I discovered that it was due to not having
defined in storage.conf the storage method.
I added the following rows to storage.conf
method tradspool {
    class: 1
    newsgroups: *
}

I reloaded all the configuration files with "ctlinnd reload all" but the
server is still throttled.

In order to have more information, I used inncheck -pedantic which gives
me the following information:
/usr/local/news/etc/expire.ctl:24: malformed line.
The row number 24 is (I have groupbaseexpiry:true  and artcutoff:10):
/remember/:10

It does not seem to me that this line is malformed?

Any help would be appreciated

Gaël