INND Not desplaying messages

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Tue Oct 28 11:49:58 UTC 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Ryan Sclanders wrote:

> auth "DOMAIN.com" {
>     hosts: "*.DOMAIN.com, DOMAIN.com, 10.10.10.0/24"
>     default: "*"
>     default-domain: "DOMAIN.com"
> }

Using "default: *" probably will work, but it's a tad strange.  I mean,
that * isn't a wildcard -- it's just a really funny username.  Might get
confusing at some point.

> (at this point I take a look at the server to see if the messages
> arrived or if there are any error logs, to find that the messages are
> sitting in the /var/spool/news/articles directory and there are no
> errors) but am not able to view the messages through the client.

It's hard to guess from here, especially with a client instead of a telnet
session, but what are enableoverview and ovmethod in inn.conf?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org