INN 2.4.0 and news2mail ...

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 3 02:50:58 UTC 2003

Marc G Fournier <scrappy at hub.org> writes:

> but as soon as I do a 'ctlinnd reload all ""' to activate it, errlog fills
> up with:

> Execution of /usr/local/news/bin/news2mail aborted due to compilation errors.
> Too many arguments for open at /usr/local/news/bin/news2mail line 107, near "@command)"

As you've since discovered, a fix to that script introduced a dependency
on Perl 5.6.0 features.  I've now added a require statement to the
beginning of the script so that you'll get a better error message.  (I
thought about trying to backport to Perl 5.005, but I'm not sure that it's
worth it; the three-argument form of open is very natural for what that
script is doing.)