innd resource performance question

Jennifer Luisi jlui at ats.rochester.edu
Mon Sep 22 21:27:28 UTC 2003

Hey there,

My installation of inn 2.4.0 is almost three months old now and I've got a
simple question about it.  My server has a rather light load, but
currently is hanging on to 73 Megs of memory.  Is this about normal?  The
process has been running fine for weeks but shows up on top as fairly
resource intensive (memory, not CPU), though it's sleeping.  I know I can
restart the process, but is this behavior expected and normal?  Should I
set up a cron job?

Thanks,

Jen