nnrpd core

Dmitry Davidov D.Davidov at webplus.ru
Wed Sep 24 10:49:02 UTC 2003

I have made a mistake not "on timeout".
nnrpd simply tries to do inquiries to already closed channel of a
ovdb_server server.

ovdb_server considers that nnrpd was disconnected
on timeout and it call delclient(), but nnrpd not quit on timeout because
have network activity, thus not sending command to ovdb_server, and
nnrpd send command after CLIENT_TIMEOUT(ovdb_server.c)

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:23:45 -0700
> From: Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu>
> To: inn-workers at isc.org
> Subject: Re: nnrpd core
>
> Dmitry Davidov <D.Davidov at webplus.ru> writes:
>
> > Sometime one of ~300 nrrpd process increases in memory up to a segment
> > limit and :
>
> > Core was generated by `nnrpd'.
> > Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
> > Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libdb41.so.1...done.
> > Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.4...done.
> > Reading symbols from /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1...done.
> > #0  0x281c0208 in isatty () from /usr/lib/libc.so.4
>
> Hm, are you sure that this is a memory limit problem and not something
> else?
>
> --
> Russ Allbery (rra at stanford.edu)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>
>
>     Please send questions to the list rather than mailing me directly.
>      <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/questions.html> explains why.

Dmitry Davidov.
					dmitry at wplus.net
Web Plus				+7 812 326 90 20