Feedsite name bug in news logfile?

Sebastian Wiesinger inn at tracker.fire-world.de
Tue Aug 10 19:53:53 UTC 2004

* Sebastian Wiesinger <inn at tracker.fire-world.de> [2004-08-08 22:03]:
> When I post an article over my server, I normally get a line like this
> in the news logfile:
>
> Aug  8 11:34:13.788 + news.karotte.org <cf4s2l$393$1 at news.karotte.org> 2166 cancelwatch! inpaths!
>
> But after adding this to incoming.conf:
>
> peer inulm {
>         hostname: "newsfeed.in-ulm.de, 217.10.8.41, news.in-ulm.de, 217.10.8.42"
>         max-connections: 5
> }
>
> I get lines like this when I post an article:
>
> Aug  8 20:56:23.359 + newsfeed.in-ulm.de <cf5t0n$ig6$1 at news.karotte.org> 976 newsgroups cancelwatch! inpaths!
> Aug  8 20:59:57.863 + newsfeed.in-ulm.de <cf5t78$iot$1 at news.karotte.org> 975 newsgroups cancelwatch! inpaths!
> Aug  8 21:01:34.592 + newsfeed.in-ulm.de <cf5tae$isa$1 at news.karotte.org> 977 newsgroups cancelwatch! inpaths!
>
> It looks like all my local articles are coming from newsfeed.in-ulm.de
> instead of news.karotte.org where they were posted.

I think I found a possible cause: The added host newsfeed.in-ulm.de
has an IPv6 address. If I remove the hostname and only put the IP
(217.10.8.41) in the hostname field, all works correctly.

My innd was compiled with IPv6 but my kernel doesn't have support for
it.

After recompiling inn without IPv6 the correct hostname is displayed,
even after I readded newsfeed.in-ulm.de to the peer in incoming.conf.

Regards,

Sebastian

--
GPG Key-ID: 0x76B79F20 (0x1B6034F476B79F20)
Wehret den Anfaengen: http://odem.org/informationsfreiheit/