innfeed.conf vs incoming.conf

Toon van der Pas toon at hout.vanvergehaald.nl
Thu Aug 26 21:49:12 UTC 2004

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 09:03:36AM +0000, "Miquel van Smoorenburg"  wrote:

> I understand that in inn 2.5 or 2.6 the newsfeeds, incoming.conf and
> innfeed.conf files are going to be merged ... FINALLY :)

Nooo, please!!!
Why would we ever want to do that?
The three separate files don't cause any trouble at all.
What's the rationale for merging them?
It will cause a lot of upgrade trouble for existing installations.
And this is not only about converting the very configuration files.
It's also about tools like GUP, which will suddenly break.

Please, think this one through very carefully.
Thanks,
Toon.