Article archival questions

Jeffrey M.Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Dec 1 19:44:47 UTC 2004

On Nov 29, 2004, at 1:12 AM, Christoph Biedl wrote:

> divya at avnika.com wrote...
>
>> What I would like to do is to just feed all articles from a given
>> hierarchy from one server to another. So, for example, how can I take
>> all
>> the articles that exist under comp.lang.* and feed them to another
>> server?
>
> If your overview is tradindexed [...]

There is one other option that pops to mind...

You can using incoming.conf on the receiving server to limit what
articles actually make it through, and then use the method in the FAQ
for sending the whole spool.  This results in the same amount of
bandwidth usage (and disk read time on the sender) that moving your
entire spool over would, but if you have a relatively small spool to
begin with, you might consider this as being fairly easy alternative.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org