Finding Message IDs of Rejected Messages?

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Sat Dec 18 19:01:51 UTC 2004

At Sat, 18 Dec 2004 19:46:02 +0100,
Christoph Biedl wrote:
> grep log/news for the error message.

That's what I already did.  Here's what I found concerning the sample
error mentioned above (the log was stored in news.notice):

Dec 17 12:03:56 genba innd: localhost connected 17
Dec 17 12:03:56 genba rnews: rejected 437 Body of header is all blanks in "Organization" header
Dec 17 12:03:56 genba innd: localhost:17 closed seconds 0 accepted 0 refused 0 rejected 1 duplicate 0 accepted size 0 duplicate size 0

Can one configure INN to put the message ID in the log?

BTW, I can also retrieve the message by looking through the archives of
gated mailing lists, probably with mailgrep.  But, that's rather
cumbersome.

Anyways, I hope that the above error message won't appear anymore - I
fixed mailpost to not reuse empty "Organization:"- and
"Distribution:"-headers

Felix