articlemmap produces bad pmd

"Miquel van Smoorenburg" list-inn-workers at news.cistron.nl
Mon Feb 9 22:04:11 UTC 2004

In article <Pine.LNX.4.55.0402091946480.9326 at td.office.support.nl>,
Patrick Schreurs  <patricks at support.net> wrote:
>On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>
>> These kind of messages (oopsen) are _always_ kernel bugs. 2.4.22
>> is an older kernel though, and the XFS patches might be out of
>> date as well. Marcelo (the 2.4 maintainer) merged XFS into
>> the 2.4 series in 2.4.25, which hasn't been released yet but
>> 2.4.25-rc1 has been released a couple of days yet. Get 2.4.25-rc1
>> from ftp.kernel.org and see if you can reproduce the problem.
>> If so, the people at linux-xfs at oss.sgi.com are probably interested
>> in your bug report.
>
>Did that. Now i'll have to wait and see.
>Curious... what makes you think this is xfs related?

Well, I have been running with mmap for years and it has
always been stable with various kernels (2.2, 2.4, 2.6). The
only newish/unstable thing here is XFS.

That, or the RAM in the machine is marginal/bad (I've seen similar
messages caused by marginal RAM, or failing CPU fans).

Mike.

Reply to the list or to "Miquel van Smoorenburg" <miquels at cistron.nl>