STABLE: Exipreover (OVDB) freezes innd

Matti Saarinen mjs at cc.tut.fi
Thu Feb 12 06:41:03 UTC 2004

I've now facing another OVDB related problem.

When news.daily is run everything goes smoothly until expireover
starts. Expireover seems to feeze innd totally. No new articles are
coming in, reading slow or impossible, the server is inresponsive to
ctlinnd etc. I wasn't able to shut down the server with "ctlinnd
shutdown". Instead, I had to kill it with kill -9 (-15 wasn't enough).

Is this a known issue with OVDB on FreeBSD? Google gave me some
results (but no hints what to do) that would let me think so. Or is
this related to tuning, somehow?

Cheers,

--
- Matti -