lock method used for buffindexed is now changed

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 7 22:06:31 UTC 2004

Przemys=B3aw Maciuszko <sal at agora.pl> writes:

> Yep. Upgrade from STABLE to CURRENT wasn't a good idea. Now I get the
> following error in news.notice:

> Jan  7 12:14:47 inews innbind: [ID 801593 news.crit] cannot bind socket f=
or
> 22,2,0.0.0.0,119: Permission denied
> Jan  7 12:14:47 inews innd: [ID 702911 news.error] innbind failed for
> 0.0.0.0,119

> The problem occurs no matter if I comment out 'bindaddress', put some IP
> there or put 'all' (like the man page says) in there.
> Innbind seems to be ok:
> -r-sr-x---   1 root     news      139768 Jan  7 11:43 /news/bin/innbind

Are you sure that setuid programs work from that file system?  For some
reason, bind on that address is returning permission denied; I'm not sure
how that could happen unless for some reason innbind wasn't running as
root.

There are also some checks that come with INN; try running make check and
see if the innbind tests report any errors.

--=20