INN 2.4.1 urgent release

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Jan 8 15:20:42 UTC 2004

In article <878ykj5h6v.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu>,
Russ Allbery  <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:
| dsr <dsr+inn at mail.lns.cornell.edu> writes:
|
| > Some people don't like it, but our experience is that it saves trouble
| > later when someone decides to add to the if block.
|
| Yeah, I'm old and set in my ways and find the additional vertical
| whitespace makes it harder for me to see what's going on, but there are
| certainly advantages to always including the curlies as well.

  I generally use braces if the object of the if doesn't fit on the
same line. Having it all on one line makes it obvious it's not a block.
Some people like the left brace on a line by itself, although I'm not
one of them.

| Python solves this problem the right way, avoiding the ambiguity without
| requiring that the code expand vertically.

So does bash, by forcing use if then-fi ;-)

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc