[inn-current] -D_GNU_SOURCE missing in 'configure' for Linux

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 9 23:21:27 UTC 2004

Christophe Wolfhugel <wolf at oleane.net> writes:

> It seems that the _GNU_SOURCE define is missing from the 'configure'
> script shipped in the recent snapshots. It seems it happened with moving
> to revision 1.246 (autoconf 2.57).

> As a result it breaks 'largefiles' on Linux : the "pread" gets
> compiled in with the 32 bits 'off_t'.

Without _GNU_SOURCE set, Linux should fail to declare pread at all, at
which point INN should declare it internally using off_t.  Since this is
done after _FILE_OFFSET_BITS is set, this should give the 64-bit off_t.

Do you know why this isn't happening?  Is configure reporting that it
found a declaration for pread?