configuring readers access problems

Simon Bell admin at thelight.org.uk
Mon Jan 19 01:50:03 UTC 2004

Hi
Im having a little trouble get authentication and other access working
properly. What I want to do is allow all readers from all hosts to be able
to read all newsgroups hosted on my server (server will only be hosting
local groups). This I have working on its own, but I also want to give
people who are authed the ability to post to all groups. Ive read the man
page multiple times and I just cant seem to get it right, it seems to give
everyone read and post access whether authed or not.

readers.conf:

auth authusers {
        auth: "ckpasswd -f /etc/news/auth"
        default: <FAIL>