maybe it's bug in inews.

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 26 23:11:02 UTC 2004

bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> writes:
> Russ Allbery  <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:

> | I've now made this change.  I've also added a -p option to mailpost to
> | specify the port and pass it along to inews in case it's necessary.

> Should that be in inn.conf?

Probably, but right now port configuration in inn.conf is kind of a mess.
This is a minimal workaround for right now.  At some point, I do want to
revisit this and see if we can't get rid of the hard-coded NNTP port
constant in favor of some inn.conf configuration.

(On the other hand, people keep wanting to use inews without all the INN
infrastructure, which currently doesn't work.  I keep wondering whether we
should try to make inews more independent, or just recommend that people
use some other standalone inews instead.)