CURRENT on Solaris - another problem?

bill davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Jan 29 21:50:21 UTC 2004

In article <20040128172739.GV22738 at virgin.gazeta.pl>,
=?iso-8859-2?Q?Przemys=B3aw?= Maciuszko  <sal at agora.pl> wrote:
| On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 05:23:32PM +0000, bill davidsen wrote:
|
| >   "No space" seems pretty clear, what does 'df' tell you? Did you put
|
| I thought it's obvious I don't have 'free space' problems on _any_
| filesystems (all of them have few GB of free space)

What's not obvious is that you can get that running out of inodes as
well, and not all versions of df show that by default.

| > things in a bad place or leave some dirname unset? This could be an INN
| > bug, but the messages suggest you're out of space.
|
| Argh. I don't know what this error says, but it's not the filesystems space
| problem, for sure.

Having watched people spend days with GB of free space before checking
inodes, I thought it was worth mentioning. You clearly didn't notice or
appreciate the tip, I won't bother you with suggestions in the future.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc