tinyfeed miniature transit server

Forrest J. Cavalier III mibsoft at epix.net
Thu Jul 15 12:39:22 UTC 2004

Russ Allbery wrote:

>I wrote this a while back for a personal project, and have just finished
>updating it to build against the current INN sources.  I find this pretty
>useful, but it's sort of strange.  Do people think that this is useful
>enough to include in INN and install along with everything else?

I say including it in INN would be very confusing.  (libinn is getting to be
pretty useful, so maybe it should be split off to encourage more NNTP
development like this though.)

If you do include tinyfeed, could the name be changed and the first
few paragraphs of the description improved?

 From the name I thought it was a innfeed replacement, and it took me three
paragraphs through the documentation to determine it accepted news.  (I know
inetd accepts connections but "feed" and "server" generally mean you are
a source of data, not a sink.)

And just to tease you a bit....Hard-coded size limits are so 80's.