cannot lock/unlock group at ...

Stas Pirogov spam at keyos.org
Mon Jul 19 13:30:44 UTC 2004

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Alex Kiernan wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 11:56:41 -0700, Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:
> > Oh, and....
> >
> > Stas Pirogov <spam at keyos.org> writes:
> >
> > > I also noticed that there are additional messages in error log that I
> > > never saw before:
> >
> > > overchan: malformed token [B6E663D9736337B6E31C5780CE8423E9] alt.binaries.nl:2371315
> >
> > This is a new one for me.  I'm not sure what's going on with this.  Has
> > anyone else seen this error message before?  (Alex?)
> >

> Thats a new one on me, mind we don't run overchan.
>
> Looking at the code and the error quoted, the code's expecting @...@
> .... and the quoted line (which is raw whats gotten back from QIOread)
> is [...] ....
>
> Did the format of what Wn generates change?
>
> --
> Alex Kiernan

Well, this one was actually something that I missed in the configuration.
The overchan was configured with wrong flags, so that generated
the error.

The NFS part is weird. We work with INN for around 6-7 years already
and all this time it is located on one or other NFS server.

Probably Alex is right about 2.3.3 not reporting errors when it gets them,
so we'll consider moving our storage to something directly connected.

Thanks Russ and Alex for the help.

Stas.