Articles that won't expire

Mike Zanker mike at zanker.org
Tue Jun 1 11:10:20 UTC 2004

I asked recently about slow expireover. By switching from timehash to
timecaf my expireover run time has reduced from nearly 7 hours to 30
minutes, so it looks like Russ was spot on with his memory thrashing
theory.

However, I still have about 20 articles left in my timehash directory
structure that are now a few days older than my age limit of 7 days and
it looks like expireover/expire are skipping them. The majority were
posted to abg.test, a news group which no longer exists on my server,
and have history entries. The remaining 2 or 3 have no history entry.

What's the best way to get rid of these articles so that I can delete
the timehash directory hierarchy copmletely (and remove reference to it
from storage.conf?

Thanks,

Mike.