Articles that won't expire

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 1 18:55:41 UTC 2004

Mike Zanker <mike at zanker.org> writes:

> A bit more information - there is no overview for abg.test any more
> which explains why expireover is missing them, but why is expire not
> doing anything with them? They have history entries.

Expiration is driven by overview rather than by history.  There's a
problem right now with both tradspool and timehash (and I wonder about
timecaf too) where expiration for groups that have been deleted doesn't
happen properly.  I'm still trying to puzzle out the best thing to do
about the problem, although I think I have a handle on an idea.