inn-stable on HP/UX

Alex Kiernan alexk at alexk.eng.demon.net
Mon Jun 7 08:12:36 UTC 2004

> Heath Kehoe <hakehoe at avalon.net> writes:
>
> > A better way is to make nnrpd and other tools use mmap for those files
> > like innd does.
>
> It looks like all you have to do is add HIS_MMAP to the flags to HISopen
> in nnrpd/article.c.  My vague memory is that Alex did things this way
> because mmap didn't work well at all over NFS, so I think you want to make
> that conditional on nfsreader.

The NFS code wants to go; I thought I had it reliable, but the changes
to the tradindexed code broke it, largely because it exposed bugs
which existed in the previous tradindexed implementation (in
particular you can't mmap and lock a file at the same time on Solaris,
which was the only platform I ever tested it on).

I'll post a patch (the cvs details I have don't seem to work any more :(

--
Alex Kiernan, Principal Engineer, Development, THUS plc