Article posted in the future

Christoph Biedl cbiedl at gmx.de
Tue Jun 8 13:18:37 UTC 2004

divya at avnika.com wrote...

> One of the servers I have is having trouble with its clock. Until the hardware
> is replaced, I need to have INN not reject articles because they seem to be
> created in the future. Any clues on how to permit this?

The sequences that checks this is in nnrpd/post.c - however I consider
it a bad idea to disable it: Any article that is posted without a Date:
header will have it set on that machine with a wrong timestamp which
will cause confusion for readers and might affect the spreading of the
article in the net.

Is there no chance to synchronize the system clock on a very regular
base, even every minute?

	Christoph