SASL authentication for nnrpd committed to CURRENT

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Jun 10 21:15:09 UTC 2004

Russ Allbery wrote:
> I have just committed Ken Murchison's contribution of SASL authentication
> support for nnrpd to CURRENT.  There is still work to be done on this to
> fully integrate it into the rest of nnrpd's authentication infrastructure,
> but it should already be usable as-is.

> Thank you very much, Ken!

No problem.  I did it mostly as a proof of concept that the AUTHINFO
SASL specification could be easily implemented in a server (other than
Cyrus), to help defeat any pushback from ietf-nntpext as to its design.  ;)

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127