Best choice for storage ?

Katsuhiro Kondou Katsuhiro_Kondou at isc.org
Mon Mar 1 11:18:53 UTC 2004

In article <004201c3f24a$76d7ed30$6432a8c0 at Jerome>,
	"Jerome Schevingt" <jerome at schevingt.com> wrote;

} For the newsfeeds (with a expiration at 1 days) what is the best choice ? tradspool or cnfs (or other) ?
} the expiration are very long on this server ...

I'd recommend cnfs.  That would reduce expiry time also.

} And for change tradspool to cnfs => i lost all articles ? (i stop the server, change storage.conf, delete /var/spool/news/articles/* and start my innd ?), he have a change into news.daily ?

Considering your situation(1 day retention of the articles),
it's not good idea to convert article from tradspool to cnfs.
Rather, leave stored articles which will be purged in a day,
and just add cnfs entry before tradspool in storage.conf.
That would make it clean tradspool, also new articles will
be stored into cnfs.
--
Katsuhiro Kondou