MySQL as a user source

Mon Mar 1 14:54:07 UTC 2004

Am Samstag, 28. Februar 2004 02:39 schrieb Daniel Marsh:
> You could also try the attached script, it's written in PERL.
> Daniel

> > Hi!
> > is it possible to use a MySQL database the storage for usernames and
> > passwords?
> > Thx,
> > Florian

> -- Type: application/octet-stream
> -- Desc: MySQL Auth

I've tried the script, but it just seem to ignore the config file.

DB:authentication                       # the database to connect to
HOST:localhost          # which host it resides on
TABLE:news              # the table to query against
User:authentication     # who to connect as
Pass:xyz            # pass for above

usercol:username        # column which containts the username
passcol:password        # column which includes unix crypt style password

That's my config file. But the script always tries to connect as user
news at localhost using no password. I've modified the path to the correct
location of the config file in my script.

Thx,
Florian