INN + suck + posting

Jamie Penman-Smithson jamie+gmane at silverdream.org
Sat Mar 13 00:45:28 UTC 2004

Hey all,

I've got INN and suck working, I'm getting articles from my ISPs news
server, that all works great.

The problem arises with posting, I've told suck to ignore certain local
newsgroups (local.* being one), the others I'd like suck to rpost
articles back for. However, when I post, I get the post back, but it
never gets to the remote server.

My /var/spool/news/outgoing/<servername> file has a load of message IDs,
I assume these are articles waiting to be posted out?

On my posts locally the headers show the path being 'not-for-mail', is
this a reference to the news2mail gateway, or something else?