Slow expireover

Mike Zanker mike-sender-6677e0 at zanker.org
Tue May 18 12:21:20 UTC 2004

On 17 May 2004 02:09 -0700 Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:

> You'll be able to tell right off if you look at top output while
> expireover is running.  If you have no free physical memory and are
> well into swap, that's probably the problem.

OK, my MRTG graph indicates that free memory never dropped below around
45MB during last night's expireover, which took 2 hours and 11 minutes.
In fact, free memory went up to 134MB when expireover started and
gradually fell to around 45MB over the time it ran.

expire ran pretty quickly - just over 4 minutes.

Mike.