Test results on AIX

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri May 21 22:33:34 UTC 2004

Since it came up and I actually do have access to an AIX 4.3 system, here
are the failing tests on AIX 4.3.

Failed Set                 Fail/Total (%) Skip Stat  Failing Tests
-------------------------- -------------- ---- ----  ------------------------
lib/date                      1/94     1%    0    0  17
storage/archive               2/17    12%    0    0  5, 12
storage/sm                    2/23     9%    0    0  7, 16

Failed 5/2079 tests, 99.76% okay.
Files=41,  Tests=2079,  18.24 seconds (0.84 usr + 3.99 sys = 4.83 CPU)

The storage/archive and storage/sm failures are because the symlink code
in tradspool can't handle relative paths to the article spool and the
tests are configured using relative paths.  This could probably be fixed,
but it's not that high on my list.  You won't see these errors on systems
that support hard links; I use AFS, which only supports hard links inside
a directory.

The lib/date failure is because the system doesn't know about the
Newfoundland time zone (which is used by the test suite because it's one
of the best known half-hour time zones).

Everything else passes as expected (at least after the mess of small
portability patches I just committed).