MAXHEADERSIZE value

Christoph Biedl cbiedl at gmx.de
Sun May 23 09:44:08 UTC 2004

MAXHEADERSIZE (in include/config.h) defines something like the maximum
logical (i.e. unfolded) length of a single header line. The current value
is 1024 which will cause trouble in deep threads:  Articles with a long
long'.  Such articles exist in the wild, so many servers either don't use
INN at all or, more likely, the admins have increased that value in their
sources.

Is there a reason not to adjust MAXHEADERSIZE in the mainstream sources?
Once I got a recommendation for 4096 which I use in all the INN
installations that I control and there are no side effects as far as I can
see.

	Christoph