can't post without overview enabled?

Anne Wilson anne at unidata.ucar.edu
Mon May 24 22:45:21 UTC 2004

Hi,

The machines in my news network are basically relay machines, but each
one does post statistics every five minutes.  Because some of my
machines can't handle the load, I've tried to turn off the overview by
setting enableoverview to false and noreaders to true in inn.conf.  The
problem, however, is that now those machines can't post their statistics
- inews says "you do not have permission to post".  I've tried listing
them in incoming.conf (as per the inn.conf man page) but that doesn't
seem to make a difference.

Is it really the case that I can't post unless overview is enabled?

Thanks!

Anne
Anne Wilson			UCAR Unidata Program
anne at unidata.ucar.edu		       P.O. Box 3000