inews/rnews trouble

B Hansson bernt at bah.homeip.net
Wed May 26 18:27:51 UTC 2004

Jeffrey M. Vinocur wrote:
> On Tue, 25 May 2004, B Hansson wrote:
>

>>Ok. Here is lines 18-22 from inn.conf
>>
>># defaults generated by configure may be reasonable.
>>
>>mta:                    /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -oem %s
>>organization:           UseNET
>

> This is clear evidence that you're using a 2.3.x-style inn.conf file.
> Simply running `innupgrade` (with no arguments) should fix it for you.

Yes. I did not get the 2.3.5 rnews to work properly so I tryed to build
2.4.1 And it failed. Well not completly rnews was built correctly and i
copied it over the old 2.3.5 binary. Both the freebsd port and from source.

Soon posting the error msg.

As I understand it you can't have flags to rnews if you pipe thru it?

Thanks for your effort!

/BH