newsgroups(5)

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Thu Oct 14 22:26:25 UTC 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:46:31 -0700 Russ Allbery wrote:
> The format of the
> file is just a newsgroup name, followed by whitespace, followed by a
> description of the group.  If the group is moderated, the description
> should end in the literal string " (Moderated)"

That's what I assumed after playing with the file (aside from the "
(Moderated)" part which is of no interest to me, at the moment).

BTW, is there any tool to add/remove lines to/from that file?

If not, then that's not that bad:  I've written a tool for a similar
purpose and could probably adapt it easily.

Felix