MTA if using exim

Adam Wysocki gophi at apcoh.org
Tue Oct 19 19:12:14 UTC 2004

19.10.04 mihamina at mail.rktmb.org napisa=B3:

> Hello,
> What MTA sould be given into inn.conf instead of sendmail if i'm usong
> exim ?
> Some friends told me I could leave it as it is, 'cause exim emulates
> sendmail ... Is that right?

Yes, if you link your exim binarny to sendmail, it will emulate sendmail.

news at avenger:~$ grep ^mta: etc/inn.conf
mta:                    "/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -oem %s"

news at avenger:~$ ls -l /usr/sbin/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           14 Feb  8  2004 /usr/sbin/sendmail =
-> /usr/sbin/exim

news at avenger:~$ /usr/sbin/exim -bV
Exim version 3.35 #1 built 05-Sep-2003 13:52:12
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2001

--=20
Adam Wysocki * www.gophi.apcoh.org * SP5250730 * gophi at supermedia.pl
GG 1234 * GSM +48508878856 * gophi at linux.net.pl * gophi at gadu-gadu.pl