INN expire problems

Jeffrey M.Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Wed Sep 8 11:55:05 UTC 2004

On Sep 8, 2004, at 6:17 AM, Heiner Lante wrote:

> I have a problem during expire sometimes. When the expire starts INN
> stops
> working and some error messages can be found in the log files:
>
> Syslog critical messages:
> Sep 6 01:00:02 news innd: SERVER can't open history
> /usr/local/news/db/history: Cannot allocate memory

I would check the size of your history file, certainly.

But probably you have limit/ulimit quotas in place that prevent your
expire process from using as much of your physical memory as you would
like.  Check your shell manpage or system documentation to learn about
adjusting these.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org