readers.conf configuration problem/question

Jeffrey M.Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sun Sep 12 22:44:11 UTC 2004

On Sep 10, 2004, at 5:41 PM, Forrest Aldrich wrote:

> I seem to be having a problem with the configuration I have in
> readers.conf.
>
> If I'm not mistaken, if someone isn't authorized, they should get an
> error like "You are not authrized to talk".   However, my users are
> reporting they can talk to the server (probably limited).

By providing a default: parameter in your auth block, and an access
block that matches that identity, you -are- authorizing those users to
have the ability to talk to the server (but read only "!*").

You can either leave off the default: line, skip the matching access
group, or add a reject_with: line to that access group.

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org