Logging passwords in the news.log

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Sep 16 13:32:43 UTC 2004

Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> Love following-up on my own posts... ;-)
>
> The culprit seems to be the SSL+nnrpd process.  However, again, the args
> used to start it up were:
>
> /usr/local/news/bin/nnrpd -D -S -p 563
>
> It's not clear to me after reading the manpage how I can connect to this
> instance and tell it to stop debug/trace.

The manpage I have clearly says that you can send a SIGHUP signal to the
process. Never having run two copies, I have no idea if you get two
entires in the "run" directory, but you can always use "ps" to get the
PID and then send a HUP to that process.

I assume you have a trace option set, I just don't remember where I
found it when I had the problem.
--
    -bill davidsen (davidsen at tmr.com)