Articles not showing up...

Jeffrey M. Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Sat Sep 18 15:34:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Lars Lystrup Christensen wrote:

> Newsreaders connecting to the newsserver can't access the articles. They
> can see the message count, but they can't read the articles...

It's hard to tell what this is from the description, but if I had to guess
I'd say it sounds like a problem with overview.  Can you try telnet to
port 119, "GROUP some.group.that.has.a.few.articles.in.it" and then
"XOVER" and see if you get overview results?

> When I post an article it don't show up at all, neither locally on my
> own server nor on other public servers.

I'm not sure why this is, but it'll be easier to track down once you can
use a newsreader to read local articles.

One thing though:

> readers.conf:
>
> auth "example.com" {
>                       hosts:             1.2.3.4/5
>                       default:           <LOCAL>
> }
>
> access FullAccess {
>                       newsgroups:   *
> }

Perhaps you mean to have a "users: *" line in the FullAccess block?

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org