not seeing articles in news reader?

Jeffrey M.Vinocur jeff at litech.org
Mon Sep 20 09:31:33 UTC 2004

On Sep 19, 2004, at 11:28 AM, Jason wrote:

> I dont think im using overview.. at least my overview dir is empty
> [root at kendo]# grep overview /local/news/etc/inn.conf
> overviewmmap:           true
> ## Keywords-in-overview options
> ## Enabling this without stopping innd and deleting the existing
> overview
> pathoverview:           /local/news/spool/overview
> overviewname:           .overview

Well, you need overview in order for newsreaders to be able to display
a list of articles in a group.  Please read the INSTALL document to
learn how to configure your server.

(There are other inn.conf settings, "enableoverview" and "ovmethod",
that you should pay attention to.)

--
Jeffrey M. Vinocur
jeff at litech.org