Bug? in OVadd ??

Todd Olson tco2 at cornell.edu
Mon Apr 11 21:59:09 UTC 2005

Hi Russ

At 11:04 -0700 2005-04-11, Russ Allbery wrote:
>Todd Olson <tco2 at cornell.edu> writes:
>
>> Thanks for the follow up.
>
>> I implemented the code change in v2.4.2 suggested by heath in
>
>> It solved the problem.
>
>This change is going to mask other, more serious problems.  I'm not sure
>that it's a good idea in general.

Hum ... So I need to recompile without the change and redeploy
(I'm beyond the Xref stage anyways)

Thanks for the heads up.

... but ... a question or two ...

    a) Heath's comments suggests that the other OVadd methods worked the way
       that his suggested fixed worked for tradindexed
       ... so are they broken too?

    b) It seems to me that the code in question is not particular to Xref
       slaving (but that my be my very limited understanding of the code).
       So I am concerned that if I get a message from a peer, posted to a
       group I have, cross posted to a group that I don't have, that I will
       start seeing these errors, even in the no slave case.  Can you set
       my mind at ease on this?

Regards,
Todd Olson
Cornell University